You need to be self motivated, assertive, cheerful, a good communicator, polite, and well organised.
Some of the duties include:
- Being present at set up of the market (usually 2 hours before start of market). Duties involve co-ordinating the position of stalls, and putting up signs.
- Setting up a table with information about London Farmers’ Markets
- Ringing the opening bell and ensuring that there is no selling before the bell.
- After ringing the closing bell, supervising the clearing of the site and confirming that each stallholder has cleaned up.
- Filling in a weekly market report to LFM on market day
- Enforcing the market rules.
- Talking to stall holders and customers and convey those comments to LFM.
- Promoting the market during market hours, for example, by leafleting, handing out samples or talking to local businesses or community groups.